Vikings Wide Receiver Stefon Diggs Hoists Land O’ Lakes Farm Bowl Trophy [VIDEO + PHOTOS]
Football and food are a pairing fond to millions across the country. Land O' Lakes took the opportunity during Super Bowl LII week in Minneapolis to pay homage to the farmers that make that food possible with the "Farm Bowl" at Mariucci Arena on the University of Minnesota campus.
The event was designed to showcase the intricacies and challenges of modern agriculture, along with testing the skills of professional football players on the farm. Six NFL stars teamed up with farmers from around the country in a time-based battle to complete four skills challenges tied to modern agriculture. These challenges included the tractor tire change, milk pipe puzzle, drone drop, and hay bale backup.
Among the 12 competitors were a number of people with ties to Minnesota and Wisconsin. Of the six pairings, four of them featured a tie to one of these two states.
- Greg Jennings (former Packers/Vikings wide receiver) teamed up with Brillion, Wisconsin farmer Amber Horn Letterman
- Kyle Rudolph (Vikings tight end) teamed up with Wells, Minnesota farmer Darin Johnson
- Stefon Diggs (Vikings wide receiver) teamed up with California farmer JJ Nunes
- Luke Kuechly (Panthers linebacker) teamed up with Swanville, Minnesota farmer Craig Roerick
- Jerome Bettis (former Steelers running back) teamed up with Maryland farmer Katie Dotterer-Pyle
- Jason Brown (former Ravens and Rams center and current farmer) teamed up with California farmer Dave Ribeiro
After the first round of contention, Jason Brown's team and Stefon Diggs's team had the fastest times, advancing to the finals. In the finals, teamwork between Diggs and his partner Nunes propelled the duo to win and have the honor of hoisting the Farm Bowl Trophy. While it wasn't the Lombardi Trophy, Diggs expressed excitement about his win, as you can see in the post-win interview above. You can also see photos of all players in the competition in the gallery below.