Superior Wants to Add Police Social Worker and Remove Library Fines
Superior Mayor Jim Paine released what he calls, "the best and most ambitious budget of my administration."
The Mayor said in a Facebook post that after months of preparation the 2021 City of Superior budget aims to do the following:
- Add a social worker to the Superior Police Department
- Increase police training (the mayor says that the increase is "the largest amount in Superior’s history.")
- Expand public transpostation
- Remove all library late fees (Paine says the removal of the fines will "allow hundreds of citizens to check out books again.")
- Adding snow removal equipment for sidewalks (The mayor says the addition of this equipment will "ensure every child can walk to school safely in the winter."
- Invest more in trail maintenance and construction by adding more people to the parks department.
Paine claims this can all be done "without collecting a single dollar in new taxes." The Mayor says there is still a lot of work to be done on the budget and it still needs to be approved by the city council in an upcoming meeting.
Reading the comments in the post from the Mayor most people seem to be most excited about the addition of the sidewalk snow removal equipment. I wonder if this means I won't have to shovel my sidewalk anymore? That WOULD be great if true.