Marcus Duluth Cinema Reopens with Health Protocols in Place
Minnesota Governor Tim Walz recently loosened pandemic-related restrictions across the state, which allowed movie theaters to reopen. Marcus Duluth Cinema has done just that, with special health-related protocols in place due to the ongoing pandemic.
First and foremost, Marcus Duluth Cinema, located at 300 Harbor Drive in Duluth, is requiring all guests to wear masks while inside. The only exception is when you are eating or drinking. Also, they'd like all guests to keep the following guidelines top-of-mind for everyone's safety:
Prior to Arrival
- Sick? Experiencing symptoms? Please stay home. A refund can be provided if necessary
- Prepare to social distance
- Face masks are required except when eating or drinking
Marcus Theater Safety Steps
- Associates undergo a wellness check prior to their shift, wear face masks, plus gloves when appropriate
- Expect an increased frequency of cleaning, especially high-touch surfaces
- Social distancing is practiced
- Plexiglass is located in various transactional areas
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility
Use Low-Contact Options for Tickets and Food & Beverage Orders
- Purchase tickets in advance on the Marcus Theatres App or you can click here to access their website, MarcusTheatres.com
- Before arriving at the theatre, place concessions/food orders using the mobile app or website
Our media partners at WDIO-TV recently took a look at the Marcus movie-going experience in Duluth. They are reporting the theater is also using a checker board seating arrangement, so that no one will be sitting directly in front of, next to or behind anyone else. You can see their full report below.
While Marcus Duluth Cinema in Duluth is open now, the Marcus Lakes Cinema in Hermantown remains closed. However, it does say 'Opening Date Coming Soon' on the Marcus Theatres website.
13 Things We Will Have To Learn To Do Again Post-Pandemic