Winter months bring freezing temperatures that can sometimes cause issues with utility pipes.  Stand pipes for water and gas lines could be thrust upward do to frost and the harsh winter.  If you notice a standpipe out of place, you should call Superior Water, Light, & Power to get it checked out.

Their number is 715-394-2200.  They will send a technician out to look, and if it's a SWLP pipe, they'll put it back in it's place for free.

An insert was recently placed in residents monthly utility bill that has more information.

More From B105