Red Cross Launches Powerful New App with Everything You Need to Know in an Emergency
When an emergency happens in your life, your first thought is what you need to do to protect your family and friends. Access to information is crucial, and now the Red Cross has made it easier to get that information.
The American Red Cross has announced the release of its new Emergency App which gives people instant access to weather alerts, life-saving information and ways to contact family and friends in one free, easy-to-use app for mobile devices.
According to their press release, this all-inclusive app provides expert advice on what to do in case of disasters such as floods, tornadoes, home fires, wildfires and more. It covers 14 different types of disasters and lets users customize more than 35 emergency alerts so that they will know what to do no matter where they live or travel.
The Emergency App has many features, including:
- Emergency first aid information for situations such as heart attacks, heat-related emergencies as well as water safety information
- Preloaded content so users can access guidance from Red Cross experts even without mobile connectivity
- A single map with open Red Cross shelter locations and weather information
- A home fire section with detailed prevention and safety tips as well as Red Cross “After the Fire” information
- A “Make a Plan” feature to help families plan what to do and where to go if a disaster strikes
- The ability to easily toggle between English and Spanish.
The free Emergency App is available in app stores for smartphones and tablets by searching for the American Red Cross, or just follow the link below. It's a great addition to several useful apps from the American Red Cross.
The Emergency App will also be available for the Apple Watch beginning April 24.