DTA Releases Updates On COVID-19 Safety Precautions
According to the Duluth Transit Authority (DTA) Facebook page they have updated safety precautions that are being implemented on all buses to protect drivers, maintenance workers and other staff who are committed to keep their employees and the general public safe.
- The DTA is encouraging all passengers to wear a mask who board the bus or go inside the facility to protect drivers and the general public.
- Fares have been removed for all trips on the DTA to reduce congestion and any contact at the front of the bus.
- "Rear Door Only" is the protocol to enter and leave the bus.
- " Adapting our routing and service levels to "Saturday" level service for key routes, dial-a-ride implementation for Route 15 serving Park Point, a shuttle service in the Miller Hill Mall Area, and the temporary contraction to some routes reflecting our staffing levels available for front-line employees."
- Daily cleaning of vehicles and facilities has been enhanced to sanitize and protect against the COVID-19 Virus.
- We are encouraging essential trips only for fixed route and STRIDE paratransit services.
- Launched information to the Public through media campaigns and signage to inform of all changes to the system.
I would like to say Thank you to all the drivers, maintenance workers and all other DTA staff who have worked tirelessly to ensure that the general public has access to transportation in the midst of these rather trying times. Please be respectful of the drivers and others by maintaining a safe social distance so everyone can ride comfortably.