The Minnesota State Patrol Is Hiring + No Experience Is Necessary
If you're looking for a career change, the Minnesota State Patrol is hiring and you don't need law enforcement experience to apply.
The Minnesota State Patrol LETO program is specifically designed for applicants with no previous law enforcement experience.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Not have been convicted of a felony in Minnesota or in any other state or federal jurisdiction which would have been a felony if committed in Minnesota.
- Not have been convicted of theft or any other crime listed in Minnesota Rule 6700.0700.
- Be 21 years of age by May 4th, 2021.
- Be a citizen of the United States by May 5th, 2020.
- Possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license or be eligible to obtain one by March 3rd or 4th, 2020 (PT test date).
- Possess an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution or can provide documentation that the earned associate's or bachelor's degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution will be completed by May 31st, 2020. Verify accreditation at U.S. Department of Education or with the registrar's office at your school.
- Sign a written agreement with the Minnesota State Patrol when a final offer of employment is accepted, committing to work for a minimum of two years.
The LETO program is accepting applications now through February 14. You can follow the link below for complete details on careers available, the hiring process and to apply.