Sign Up For 3 On 3 Rookie Basketball Grades 2-5
The Rookie Basketball Association 3 on 3 leagues are still open for signing up for kids to learn and play the game of Basketball.
The six-week league will kick off on Saturday, November 7th, and will run until December 19th. Kids can get registered now but the registration will close on October 29th at 4 pm.
The league will teach full-contact basketball and sharing the ball with others in order to have more scoring opportunities for all kids. The league will also be conducted under strict safety guidelines to comply with the State of Minnesota Health recommendations.
Here are some of the COVID-19 MODIFICATIONS according to their press release:
1. Registration will be done for individual players and not by the team.
2. 16-20 players of similar age and gender will be assigned to a ‘pod’. This pod will be scheduled together each week for a 50-minute block that will vary week to week between 8 am - 2 pm. Pods are limited to 20 children each and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
3. Players within the pod will be divided into teams and be allowed to choose a friend to be with.
4. The teams will be paired up and play a 20 minute 3 On 3 basketball game. Teams will be reassigned and will then play a second 20 minute 3 On 3 game.
5. All players will receive the same dark-colored league t-shirt. Players should bring a white t-shirt as well. This will eliminate the need to use ‘pinnies.’
6. Parents, guardians, and spectators will NOT be allowed at this time.
7. Each week players will be checked in and health screened at the door by staff.
HERE IS SOME GENERAL INFORMATION FROM THE PRESS RELEASE:
The registration fee per player is $45 and includes a t-shirt. Registration is due Thursday, October 29 at 4:00 pm. Registrations without payment will not be processed. Families with more than one child participating will receive a $5 discount for each additional child after the first child. Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-serve, income basis. Players and parents will be issued a League Guide and are responsible for reading and following the rules and policies of the league and must submit the player code of conduct for this NO COACH league.
LEAGUE SCHEDULE & LOCATION – (EACH ARE SATURDAYS) November 7: The Salvation Army, 215 S 27 Ave W Nov. 14, 21, Dec. 5, 12, 19: The Encounter, 201 E 1st St
*There are no RBA activities scheduled for Saturday, November 28 during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.