Public Invited to Keep Duluth Clean April 25
Even with a stay-at-home order, everyone can still go outside for a variety of things. The City Of Duluth encourages everyone to do some picking up on Saturday.
Keep Duluth Clean is a city-wide cleanup scheduled for April 25. It's a great, yet simple concept that other cities have organized. As you go out for a socially distanced walk in your area, make a point to pick up any trash you see laying around.
Here is how to formally participate in Duluth:
- Click here to sign up.
- Grab a five-gallon bucket or old grocery bag to reuse (or another bag available to you).
- Put on your gloves or grab your litter grabber.
- Pick up whatever litter you see for at least 30 minutes
- Get picky! Look for little pieces of plastic and cigarette butts.
- Have some extra time? Sweep your sidewalk, curb and/or boulevard of sand and salt and bring to a Road Sand Collection Site. Click here for locations.
- Wave to your neighbors!
- Take pictures of your amazing work.
- Dispose of the collected waste in your personal trash containers.
- Wash your hands.
Everyone is encouraged to tag @KeepDuluthClean and #KeepDuluthClean online.
You can also be be entered to win prizes by sharing and posting participation photos in the comment section on the Virtual Clean-Up social posts on Saturday, April 25 and by reporting your volunteer hours through the Keep Duluth Clean Litter Report.