Cloquet Community Clean Up Encourages Productive Walks
Social distancing is crucial across the Northland, but walks outside are important for our bodies and minds. The City of Cloquet is encouraging residents to help pick up when out walking.
Cloquet Community Clean Up is a terrific idea and the concept is very easy:
- Grab a couple of shopping bags.
- Go for a walk with family/household members.
- Pick up trash on the road, sidewalks, walking paths, parks, parking lots etc.
- Obey social distancing guidelines.
- Bring trash home and place in your garbage can.
- Post pictures to the Cloquet Community Clean Up Facebook page.
- Repeat throughout the Spring season.
Wearing gloves would also be important, as would washing your hands once the bags are in your big garbage cans.
I think this is a terrific idea and something every community should strive for. It's a great way to get outside, get exercise, practice social distancing and beautify our communities.
As you can see below, Cloquet has embraced the initiative. Well done!
Enter your number to get our free mobile app