Northland Students Can Apply For The Mike Colalillo Medal Of Honor Scholarship
Veterans Memorial Hall opened up the application window for high school students to apply for the Mike Colalillo Medal Of Honor Scholarship.
The students, who must be in or connected to St. Louis County, Minnesota. The award is worth $1,500 and must be applied for by the deadline of Wednesday, September 15, 2021. Students must fill out an application located HERE.
With COVID taking away a lot of money students need for school the Mike Colalillo Medal Of Honor Scholarship is available and can help to offset the cost of books or food for a typical student going to school for higher education.
According to the website, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- A full-time student who is enrolled in a higher education institution in St. Louis County, OR
- A resident of St. Louis County who is a full-time student enrolled in a higher education institution in another county or state, OR
- A high school senior who lives in St. Louis County and plans to attend a higher education institution
Again, students must be from or live in St. Louis County. The paper must:
- Be a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of ten (10) double-spaced pages in length
- Address a historical event in St. Louis County, Minnesota, related to a conflict, war, or the home front; OR tell the story of a county veteran
- Include at least one source from the Albert J. Amatuzio Research Center, located in the St. Louis County Depot Building, 506 West Michigan Street, Duluth
- Include a bibliography
If a student needs help Jay Hagen, VMH Program Manager is at their disposal. You can reach him at 218.733.7500 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org