Nelson Cruz Up For 2020 Hank Aaron Award; Fans Can Vote Through Sunday
The Minnesota Twins 2020 season didn't end the way fans had hoped it would, but Nelson Cruz had another standout year and now fans can help him win a prestigious award.
Cruz has been nominated for the Hank Aaron Award, which is given to a standout player in both the American League and the National League.
The Hank Aaron Award is awarded annually to the best overall offensive performer in each league. The award was introduced in 1999 to mark the 25th anniversary of Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth's all-time home run record. Aaron and a panel of fellow Hall of Famers will combine with a fan vote to determine the winners.
Ultimately, fan voting accounts for 30% of all Hank Aaron Award votes, while voting from broadcasters will account for 70%.
Here are the players up for the award in each league:
- Nelson Cruz, Minnesota Twins
- Jose' Abreu, Chicago White Sox
- Jose' Ramirez, Cleveland Indians
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
- DJ LeMahieu, New York Yankees
- Brandon Lowe, Tampa Bay Rays
- Teoscar Hernandez, Toronto Blue Jays
- Freddy Freeman, Atlanta Braves
- Manny Machado, San Diego Padres
- Corey Seager, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Dominic Smith, New York Mets
- Bryce Harper, Philadelphia Phillies
- Paul Goldschmidt, St. Louis Cardinals
- Juan Soto, Washington Nationals
Fans can vote for one play in each league and you can vote until Sunday. There little doubt that Nelson Cruz is both a fan favorite and a favorite of all his teammates.
You can follow the link below to cast your vote and hopefully help give Cruz the honor of winning the Hank Aaron Award.