Homemade Mosquito Trap Could Help Keep Your Family Comfortable this Summer
I've never liked the smell of mosquito repellent like Off or Skin-So-Soft. I never thought the Citronella candles worked very good and short of fumigating with a canister of insecticide fog like they use to do at the drive-in movie theaters, what's left to try? DIY Mosquito Trap!
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 gram of yeast
- 1 2-liter bottle
- 1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
- 2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
- 3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
- 4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
- 5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.) Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.