Duluthian Jordan Schmidt Up For Songwriter Of The Year
Music Row announced its 2020 music awards and Duluthian Jordan Schmidt is a finalist for songwriter of the year.
After writing hits like God's Country for Blake Shelton, Blessings for Florida Georgia Line, We Back for Jason Aldean, and Worldwide Beautiful for Kane Brown. He has had an unbelievable string of hits over the past two years. Signing to Tree Vibez Music Publishing in Nashville was a big deal. Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelly of Florida Georgia Line took out an ad in the Music Row Magazine and said:
We admire how Jordan continues to step up his game and inspire not only the people around him but the industry as a whole. We don't call him J Vibe for nothing.
Tree Vibez Music is one of the hottest music publishing companies and the brainchild of country superstar duo Florida Georgia Line. Founded in 2015, by the duo’s Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard and based in Nashville, Tennessee, they have had many of the top country hits and most recently "God's Country" that was the CMA song of the year and was nominated for a Grammy.
As I said in an earlier article, his parents Mark and Tammy Schmidt were in the local music group MYNX. Mark played keyboards and Tammy sang. Jordan's brother Dane Schmidt records for Jamestown Story and also works for Tree Vibez Music.
In the official nominations for Music Row, Jordan's songs listed for consideration are:
- “Anything She Says,” recorded by Mitchell Tenpenny and Seaforth
- “Blessings,” recorded by Florida Georgia Line
- “Caught Up In The Country,” recorded by Rodney Atkins
- “God’s Country,” recorded by Blake Shelton
- “Like A Rodeo,” recorded by Kane Brown
- “Rednecker,” recorded by HARDY
- “This Is Us,” recorded by Jimmie Allen and Noah Cyrus
- “We Back,” recorded by Jason Aldean
- “Worldwide Beautiful,” recorded by Kane Brown