A is for Autumn and Apples, Try this Yummy After School Treat that Embraces the Season, Apple Peanut Butter Cookies
The leaves starting to change, Friday Night Lights and the Bayfield Apple Festival coming up soon, all signs that we're on the cusp of Fall. Soon we'll be experiencing the delicious harvest of orchard fresh apples. Try something different that is sure to be a favorite after-school snack from Taste of Home.
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 1/2 cup(s) chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) grated peeled apple
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Don't miss this year's Taste of Cooking School coming up October 30!