Traffic Advisory For Road Closures For Northshore Inline Marathon Saturday
The Northshore Inline Marathon is taking place this Saturday, Sept 15th. The race course starts just south of Two Harbors and finishes in Canal Park. Because of the course route that includes portions of downtown, a traffic advisory has been issued by the Duluth Police Department. Many roads will be closed Saturday morning and continue to be closed into the afternoon.
The following roads and intersections will be affected:
- TH 61 at north junction of CSAH 61: MnDOT to install a CMS (changeable message sign) indication “RACE NEXT RIGHT/BUSES ONLY” for northbound TH 61 south of CSAH 61. Race volunteers to flag buses into closed lane.
- TH 61 at Superior Street: MnDOT and State Patrol to divert southbound TH 61 onto Superior Street no later than 6:15am. MnDOT to provide covers for STOP signs (MnDOT also provide covers for STOP signs at Superior St. and 60th Avenue E.). State Patrol and Duluth Police Department to install covers.
- London Road at 26th Avenue E.: City of Duluth to flash signals for duration of race. City of Duluth to close intersection on west leg and south leg of 26th Avenue E. at 6:15am.
- London Road at 21st Avenue E.: MnDOT to provide barricades to prohibit vehicles and pedestrians from entering I-35. Race to provide volunteers to keep spectators from I-35 and monitor barrier between lanes.
- Northbound I-35: City to close Lake Avenue, 5th Avenue W and 3rd Avenue E. (Michigan St) ramps at 6:15am. Barricades will be provided by MnDOT at each location. MnDOT to close Michigan St. at Superior St. at 6:15am
- 5th Avenue Frontage Rd: Race officials to provide cones at Lake Avenue Ramp, 1st Avenue W. and 3rd Avenue W.
- 5th Avenue Interchange: Duluth Police Department to close 5th Avenue W between Michigan St. at Railroad St. connection. Lake Avenue will remain open to traffic.
- Mesaba Detour: The official detour for Mesaba Ave bridge work will take drivers from Superior St onto Garfield Ave to Railroad St and up to Lake Ave back to the downtown area.
- General: MnDOT to provide barricades at 32nd Avenue and 36th Avenue E. The City will install “Detour” signs at appropriate locations for detoured I-35 and TH 61 traffic. All roadways will reopen upon the direction of the Duluth Police Department.