Who knew sushi could be dangerous?

According to reports, two different restaurant fires that happened in Wisconsin recently have been traced back to an ingredient in sushi. The ingredient in question is a popular topping: deep-fried tempura flakes.

The fires happened at two different restaurants. The first happened in April and the second happened in May. The Madison Fire Department posted video footage from one of the fires on their Facebook page:

Deep-fried tempura flakes are often placed on top of a roll of sushi. Apparently, the process by which they are made can cause heat to generate for a long period of time and therefore, spontaneously combust.

The City of Madison issued a warning regarding their findings, telling customers and restaurant owners how to avoid the situation. They also stated they've become aware of several more fires that may have started the same way.

Yikes.