Single Lane Closure On I-35 In Duluth October 17 + 18 Near Can Of Worms
If you're traveling southbound on I-35 near 21st Avenue West this Wednesday or Thursday, get ready to be slowed by single lane travel in that area.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has announced that single lane southbound I-35 travel will allow crews to gather information about soil in the area in preparation for the Twin Ports Interchange project.
The Twin Ports Interchange project will improve the mess that is the Can Of Worms in Duluth. They plan on replacing 35 bridges and reconstructing the I-35/I-535/Hwy 53 interchange to improve safety by:
- Providing a new conventional design
- Relocating all exits and entrances to the right side of the roadway
- Improving merging sight distance and eliminating merge conflicts
- Eliminating weaving problems near the interchange
- Providing lane continuity for through I-35 traffic
Make sure to travel slowly in that area and be aware of workers near the roads on October 17 and October 18.