More Meetings Scheduled Today For Can Of Worms Project Update
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has scheduled two more meetings today to update the public on the can of worms project. Both meetings will be held at Clyde Iron Works, located at 2920 W. Michigan Street in Duluth.
According to MnDOT, the meetings will provide the public an opportunity to ask questions and get the latest updates about the proposed project to rebuild and modernize the current infrastructure at the Interstate I-35, I-535, Highway 53 interchange.
Both meetings will be identical in content, so there is no need to attend them both. Today's meetings are scheduled:
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (presentation begins at 11:45 a.m.)
- 6:00 p.m. - 7 p.m. (presentation begins at 6:15 p.m.)
Ultimately, the goals of this project are:
- Providing a new conventional design
- Relocating all exits and entrances to the right side of the roadway
- Improving merging sight distance and eliminating merge conflicts
- Eliminating weaving problems near the interchange
- Providing lane continuity for through I-35 traffic
Follow the link below for full project details: