Is Garth Brooks Coming To Minnesota On His Dive Bar Tour?
Garth Brooks is going on tour - again! This time though, things are a little different.
The country star dropped the big news Sunday night (July 7th), announcing that he will be heading to a handful of dive bars across the country this summer.
Here's the deal: he will playing a total of seven tour dates across the country. The tour will kick off July 15th in Chicago. The remaining six dates and stops will be unveiled the same day.
As of now, Garth has not given any hints to which cities he will hit. Anything at this point is pure speculation. I love a good conspiracy theory though so here are a few reasons I think he could be returning to Minnesota for round two:
- He played not one but TWO shows in Minnesota earlier this year. The first one sold out so quickly that they added a second date. He definitely knows we would sell the show out as fast as possible.
- During a pre-show press conference, he said that Minnesota has always supported him and radio stations here were among some of the first to play his music.
- He told me after the press conference that he scheduled the two U.S. Bank tour stops on Cinco de Mayo weekend this year because he knew that Minnesota would throw a huge party.
- He trusts us! During our interview with the star, he also said that if he were to do something stupid, he'd do it here because he knows we'd still love him no matter what. True!
- He also described his relationship with Minnesota during the interview as a 'love affair' so you know he really loves us!
- He tweeted at Darius Rucker prior to his second gig and told the opener to get ready for 'the best night of his life' which proves how much he lives for the Minnesota crowds.
Ahhh! It would be incredible to see Garth is such a small venue. However, keep in mind that because he was just here, he may want to spread the love to other big cities across the country. Also, this is all just speculation and a little bit of wishful thinking!
By the way - this all may seem random but apparently, it was National Dive Bar Day (who knew?!) AND he does have a new duet with Blake Shelton with the same name. With Garth, nothing is coincidence and we wouldn't have it any other way.
If you missed our interview with him earlier this year, you can check it out below:
We will see which cities Garth will be hitting on his dive bar tour come Monday!