Some are saying this may be the biggest election of our lifetimes, with an economy teetering on the edge and problems around the globe, who ever wins is going to have their hands full, no to mention Minnesota residents have some big ballot decisions to make on November 6th, so are you regestered to vote yet? If the answer is no, read more.

You have several options available to you if you need to register to vote, here's what you need to do:

Minnesota Registration

Keep in mind if you have voted within the last 4 years and not moved you are already registered.

Prior to an election:

  • Downloading and completing a voter registration application and delivering it in person or by mail to the Duluth City Clerk at 330 City Hall, 411 W. 1st St., Duluth  MN  55802 or the St. Louis County Voter Registration Office at 214 St. Louis County Courthouse, 100 N. 5th Ave. W., Duluth  MN  55802


  • Picking up a Voter Registration Application from one of our distribution sites.  For the locations of Voter Registration Application distribution sites, click here.

Election Day:

Registration at your polling site on election day is available by presenting one of the following:

  • A valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit or Minnesota I.D. card (or receipt for any of these) that contains the voter's current address.
  • A tribal I.D. card that contains the name, current address (must be in the precinct where registering), signature and picture of the tribal member.
  • A "Notice of Late Registration" postcard.
  • A prior valid registration at another address in the same precinct.
  • A registered voter of that precinct who will sign an oath vouching that the person registering is a resident of that precinct. Registered voters may vouch for up to 15 people (this limit does not apply to employees of residential facilities).
  • For residential facility residents, an employee at the facility (even if that employee is not registered to vote in that precinct) can vouch that the person lives in the district IF the facility provided the county with a list of employees 20 days before the election.
  • A bill for electric, gas, water, solid waste, sewer, telephone or cable television service with a due date within 30 days of election day that contains the voter's name and current address AND one of the following that contains the voter's name and photograph:
    • Minnesota driver's license or Minnesota I.D. card.
    • Tribal I.D. card.
    • U.S. passport.
    • U.S. military I.D. card.
    • Identification card of a post-secondary educational institution in Minnesota.
  • College students may use one of the following documents:
    • A student photo I.D., if the educational institution has certified a list of students to the county auditor.
    • A current student fee statement that contains the student's valid address in the precinct with a photo I.D. card.

Wisconsin Registration

Prior to an election:

The City Clerk’s office provides voter registration for residents, military, overseas, homeless, nursing home, and absentee voters. To see if you are qualified to vote in Wisconsin or to find additional voter information go to the Government Accountability Board.

Don't know if you are registered or where you vote? Search the Wisconsin Voter Public Access site to find out.

Election Day:

If you are not registered to vote, or your name and/or address has changed - print and complete a Registration Application and bring it to the City Clerk's office or to the Poll Site on Election day.

The following are acceptable forms of photo ID if the expiration date is after November 2, 2010:

• Driver License issued by the WI Dept. of Transportation, even if driving privileges are revoked or suspended

• Identification card issued by the WI Dept of Transportation

• Military identification card issued by a United States uniformed service

• United States passport

• A certificate of naturalization that was issued within 2 years of the election for which it is used as ID

• Unexpired driving receipt issued by the WI Dept of Transportation

• Unexpired identification card receipt issued by the WI Dept of Transportation

• Identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian Tribe in Wisconsin

• Unexpired identification card issued by a WI accredited university or college that contains a date of issuance, signature of the student, and expiration date no later than 2 years after the date of issuance (must also prove current enrollment.) •


More From B105