2023 Fitger’s Bockfest Bringing 3 Days Of Fun, Music + Beer To Duluth
Northland events continue to take place that remind us that despite what Mother Nature throws at us, spring is indeed here. One of my favorite traditions is Fitger's Bockfest, because great beer, music, and a bonfire are hard to beat.
Fitger's has announced details for their 2023 Bockfest, a three-day event that involves games, events, music, and great beer.
Fitger's Bockfest is set to run from Thursday, April 13 through through Saturday, April 15 with the following schedule of events:
Thursday, April 13
- Blessing of the Bock Beer by “Reverend” Ken Beuhler - 5:00 p.m. in Fitger’s Courtyard
- Beer Tent Open - 5:00 p.m. in Fitger’s Courtyard
Friday, April 14th
- Beer Tent Open - 5:00 p.m. in Fitger's Courtyard.
Saturday, April 15
- 10 am – Bock Head Hunt begins – in and around Fitger’s
- Noon – **Food, Beer Tents open & fire pits
- 2 pm – Volksmarch – March on the Lakewalk
- 3 pm – The Big Dip – in Lake Superior
- 3 -5 pm – Live Entertainment with Brothers Burn Mountain
- 4 pm – Team Stein Race – Fitger’s Courtyard
- 5-7 pm Live Entertainment with Javier Trejo – Fitger’s Courtyard
Remember when you go, just don't drink the bock beer, make sure you let them give it a poke with the red-hot poker. That is a tradition that will deliciously caramelize the malt, giving the beer a smoky character and a creamy mouthfeel. It's an absolute must!
Come for a day, or enjoy all three, but I can personally attest that Fitger's Bockfest is a great way to celebrate spring.