2023 Fitger’s Bockfest Bringing 3 Days Of Fun, Music + Beer To Duluth
Northland events continue to be announced that remind us that despite how snowy March might be, the month does mark and start of spring. Recently, the Lake Superior Zoo provided details on this year's EGGstravaganza, which is a great family event, but I'm personally more excited for an annual tradition at Fitger's.
With all due respect to the Lake Superior Zoo, my kids have gotten too old to meet the Easter Bunny. However, I'm not old enough to stop drinking beer.
Fitger's has announced details for their 2023 Bockfest, a three-day event that involves games, events, music, and great beer.
Fitger's Bockfest is set to run from Thursday, March 31 through Saturday, April 2 with the following schedule of events:
Thursday, March 31st
- Blessing of the Bock Beer by “Reverend” Ken Beuhler - 5:00 p.m. in Fitger’s Courtyard
- Beer Tent Open - 5:00 p.m. in Fitger’s Courtyard
Friday, April 1st
- Beer Tent Open - 5:00 p.m. in Fitger's Courtyard.
- Entertainment provided by: Cole Forcier, singer/songwriter & acoustic guitarist. Toadal Control, playing upbeat and danceable Blues Rock, Funk, Classic Rock, Jazz, and Country.
Saturday, April 2
- Food & Beer Tent, featuring Leinenkugel Bock, opens at noon.
- Bock Head Hunt - Noon until 2:00 p.m. in and around Fitger's
- Volksmarch - The march on the Lakewalk begins at 2:00 p.m.
- The Big Dip - Take a dip in Lake Superior at 3:00 p.m.
- Team Stein Race - 4:00 p.m. in Fitger’s Courtyard
- Cole Forcier and Toadal Control return to provide live entertainment from 5:00 until 8:00 p.m.
Remember when you go, just don't drink the bock beer, make sure you let them give it a poke with the red-hot poker. That is a tradition that will deliciously caramelize the malt, giving the beer a smoky character and a creamy mouthfeel. It's an absolute must!
Come for a day, or enjoy all three, but I can personally attest that Fitger's Bockfest is a great way to celebrate spring.