U.S. Bank Stadium Shares Bag Policy + Code Of Conduct for Minnesota Vikings Games
The 2022 Minnesota Vikings season kicks off Sunday, September 11, when the Vikings host the Green Bay Packers at U.S. Bank Stadium.
As thousands of fans make their way to the stadium for that game, or any game this season, there are likely questions regarding what exactly they are allowed to bring into the stadium.
It's always a good idea to know the policies before you go to the game. U.S. Bank Stadium does have clearly stated policies in place, covering a variety of topics. For example, the stadium has a Guest Code Of Conduct.
U.S. Bank Stadium, the Vikings and their promoters ask guests to assist them in creating an enjoyable and safe environment. Any guest in violation of these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund, loss of ticket privileges for future games and possible arrest.
Simply stated, unruly behavior will not be tolerated, these cases include, but are not limited to:
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Guests are expected to drink alcohol in a responsible manner.
- Underage drinking
- Actions that are harmful to or endanger others
- Throwing items of any kind
- Using foul or abusive language and/or gestures
- Displaying inconsiderate behavior towards others
- Disorderly conduct
- Wearing obscene or indecent clothing
- Smoking in non-designated areas
- Sitting or standing in the aisle ways
- Entering or attempting to enter the field of play
- Failure to follow instructions of stadium security personnel
- Entering the stadium with any prohibited items
- Harassment of visiting team fans
One of the biggest questions people seem to have surrounding Vikings games, or any event for that matter, is what is the bag policy. For Vikings games, the NFL Clear Bag Policy will be enforced.
All fans should be aware that they are subject to a search of their person and possessions prior to entering the stadium. So, be prepared to open your bags for inspection. You may also be asked by a security representative to shift and possibly remove the contents.
While the Vikings strongly encourage fans to not bring any type of bags to the stadium, fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”. Official NFL team logo clear plastic bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags that are 4.5" x 6.5" with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
For most non-Vikings related event, backpacks and large bags that exceed 12” x 6” x 12” are not allowed. Some non-Vikings events, including concerts, may use the NFL Clear Bag Policy.
It's also important to note that prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a small clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, strollers, computer bags and camera bags, diaper bags, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
One convenient feature for fans is that U.S. Bank Stadium will offer a bag check during all events. That means that bags that exceed the stadium’s bag policy can be either taken back to your vehicle, disposed of or can be checked in and picked up later.