Superior’s Outdoor Skating Rinks Open For The Season
As we near the December Solstice, that changing season brings with it the outdoor skating season. The City of Superior has announced that two of their outdoor rinks are open for skaters as of Friday, December 20 at 4:00 PM - the Billings Park and South End locations.
Here are the specifics for each of the locations:
- Billings Park - located at 3903 N 18th St. Warming shack phone number: 218-391-6979. Closed for flooding on Tuesdays.
- South End - located at 5902 Weeks Avenue. Warming shack phone number: 218-390-2371. Closed for flooding on Wednesdays.
Holiday hours for the rinks are 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM - December 21 - January 5.
After the holidays (starting January 6), the following hours will be in effect:
- Monday - Friday: 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Saturday: 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
The city has this to say about skating outside of staffed rink hours:
The public is welcome to use the rinks outside of staffed hours however, attendants will not be on site, sheds will not be open, and rink lights will not be on. We ask that people stay off the ice during flood days and during weather related closures in order to help keep the ice in ideal condition.
The season is starting with the two rinks but the city hopes to have the additional rinks open soon as time (and weather) permits.