Silly Christmas Songs That Make Duluth/Superior People Laugh
Will all the serious Christmas songs that are out about the story of Christmas, it's always fun to find some fun Christmas songs.
I have worked in record stores, writing, engineering singers and bands, producing music, and radio. So, I have been around all types of music and was surprised to see that there were all kinds of Christmas Music. So I have collected the silly ones and shared some of them with you.
Sean Morey Dear Santa always has funny songs but this one is funny and is a favorite every year.
Weird Al Yankovic, from "Bad Hair Day" is the last song on the album. Done in the style of Soul Asylum and the Kinks. It was released as a single in 1996, "The Night Santa Went Crazy"
This one pokes fun at the fact that there are so many Holidays and that no one says Merry Christmas anymore. So here is the progressive Christmas singers.
Porky Pig, doing his version of Blue Christmas. According to Al.com Joe B. Crowe of the Birmingham News, The song was done by voice actor Denny Brownlee on the John Boy and Billy radio show that aired for years in Birmingham on WZRR 99.5 FM. It's on the "John Boy & Billy Christmas Album," downloadable on iTunes.The "official" artist is "Seymore Swine and the Squealers," after Warner Bros. threatened a legal smackdown.
The Weather Girls-"Dear Santa (Bring Me A Man This Christmas)" Normally known for doing disco and dance hits, here they are asking for a man. On the album "Success", the same album with "It's Raining Men", this song was co-written by Paul Schaffer of the CBS Orchestra from David Letterman.
Here's the number one song according to fans
Here Is The Twin Ports Top 10 Silly Christmas Songs
1. The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) - The Chipmunks
2. The Twelve Days of Christmas - Bob & Doug McKenzie
3. Dear Santa-Sean Morey
4. All I Want for Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
5. You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch - Thurl Ravenscroft
6. White Trash Christmas - Bob Rivers
7. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Elmo & Patsy
8. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayle Peevey
9. I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas - Yogi Yorgesson
10. Redneck 12 Days of Christmas - Jeff Foxworthy