Sign Up Now For”Cause For The Paws 5K” In Superior
The Cause For The Paws is open to the public to sign up and raise money for and benefits the Humane Society of Douglas County.
Registration for the Run/Walk will start at 8 am on September 17, and then the race will start at 9 am; you can also sign up online. The run/walk starts on the Osaugie Trail in Superior near the entrance to Barker’s Island. It continues on the Osaugie Trail to the back of the East 2nd Street McDonald’s, where you turn around and return to the starting point.
Pets are allowed to be a part of the run/walk. Event Fees include a race t-shirt for each registrant, a bandana for each dog, and entry into a prize raffle following the race. Remember, the run/walk is at a moderate pace so kids and pets can keep up. This is a fun run to raise money for the rising costs of caring for pets that need homes and all the operating costs around that.
Prices for the event are as follows:
- Individual (with up to 2 dogs): $40
- Family (parents and their minor children with a dog or dogs $95 This Package is for up to 5 participants. ALL children must be accompanied by an adult.
Remember, this is a fundraiser, so if you can raise $50 or more, you will get a sweatshirt. Remember, you can raise funds up to the day of the event, and all money must be turned in on the day of the event. There is an award for the adult and youth that raise the most money.
You are encouraged to bring your dogs, but there are a few rules
- Dogs must have current proof of rabies vaccination Digital and physical proof will be accepted.
- Your Dog(s) must be leashed at all times (6 ft. leash or shorter-- NO flex leads).
- Individuals may walk up to 2 Dogs.
- You are responsible for cleaning up after your Dogs.