Ride Along With The 148th Fighter Wing As They Did Their Flyovers This Week [VIDEO]
Yesterday The 148th Fighter Wing conducted another flyover to pay tribute to Healthcare workers in the Northland. I was lucky enough to catch them flying past a the end of their run but nothing compares to what it would look like from a cockpit.
- The 148th Fighter Wing joined the 133rd Airlift Wing and 934th Airlift Wing to cover a lot of territory including parts of Northwestern Wisconsin and The Upper Peninsula of Michigan. According to the 148th Fighter Wing Facebook Page this was their timeline in the Twin Ports:
- Lakeview Hospital in Two Harbors: 10:55 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- Silver Bay Veterans Home: 11:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Essentia Health / Twin Ports VA Clinic in Superior: 11:45 a.m. - Noon
- Following the Shoreline East to West in Duluth: 11:48 a.m. - 12:03 p.m.
- Miller Creek, Essentia Gov. Services Building in Hermantown: 11:48 a.m. - 12:03 p.m.
- Cloquet Memorial Hospital: 12:20 p.m. - 12:35 p.m.
Maj. Gen. Jon Jensen, the Adjutant General of the Minnesota National Guard said on Facebook "We chose several hospitals as flyover points, but it is truly only a symbolic gesture, as the intent isn't to honor only those facilities, but all the essential workers statewide,"
What a great tribute to everyone working the front lines, and an awesome thing to watch for every civilian on the ground. On a personal level Thank You to all healthcare workers in every capacity for your service and bravery in this unprecedented time. And Thank You to the men and women of the 148th for your commitment and hard work to keep us all safe. Please continue to follow social distancing, wear masks out in public and be respectful to each other and workers in businesses that are slowly starting to open. Check out the video below to see what it is like to be in the cockpit of these amazing jets.