Police Arrest One Of Douglas County’s Most Wanted
Douglas County's Most Wanted List is a little shorter. After seven years, authorities have finally taken Kyle Ray Cribb in to custody. The arrest by U.S. Marshals occurred in Colorado Springs on November 4.
Cribb, 27, was wanted in connection with felony charges of sexual assault of a child under 16 years of age. According to an article in the Superior Telegram [paywall], the charges were first "filed in Douglas County Circuit Court September 11, 2014, with a warrant for Cribb's arrest."
Since that time, the suspect has not made a single appearance in court for the charges. The last-known address for Cribb was in Minnesota in Pine City.
News that Cribb has been found and apprehended in Colorado Springs was well-received by the Douglas County Sheriff's Department. Sheriff Tom Dalbec shared"
"It's great news to hear of his arrest after all these years. It's a great feeling for the sheriff's office as a whole to know that all of the time and hard work that went into this case is finally coming to fruition and the suspect will be held accountable."
Because the suspect was arrested out of state, he'll have to make his first initial appearance in Colorado courts to have extradition waived before he can be brought back to Wisconsin and Douglas County. According to the sheriff's office, they expect that that process will take approximately two weeks.
With Kyle Ray Cribb's arrest, that leaves Douglas County's Most Wanted List with five individuals:
- Eric James Eskola, 56, two counts of first degree child sex assault. Eskola also has a federal warrant for his arrest for production and manufacturing child pornography.
- Colten Michael Borgh, 27, felony counts of domestic strangulation and suffocation and second and subsequent offense of marijuana, additionally, Borgh is wanted for misdemeanor counts of domestic battery, theft, and resisting or obstructing an officer.
- Joey John Blackduck, 35, one felony count of vehicle operator flee/elude officer and an ordinance violation for reckless driving.
- Jeremy Roy Flahaven, 51, felony counts of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, fourth-offense operating with a prohibited alcohol concentration, bail jumping, and misdemeanor counts of theft by contractor, operating while revoked, and failing to install an ignition interlock.
- Gary Allen Howen, Jr., 50, felony charges of seventh-offense operating while intoxicated and seventh-offense operating with a prohibited alcohol concentration, one misdemeanor count of operating while revoked.
According to the Telegram article, a variety of reasons go into placing someone on the Most Wanted List - usually weighing the "severity of the charges and [whether]...the department feels they have exhausted all their leads." Anyone with information about the individuals on the Douglas County Most Wanted List are asked to call the Douglas County Sheriff's Office: 715-394-4432. Additionally, you can also call 911.
Wow! Inside The Most Colorful Home In Wisconsin
Apostle Islands Area Campground Bayfield Photos & Review
LOOK: What major laws were passed the year you were born?