LoCash Keep the Feel-Good Music Going, Announce New Album, ‘Brothers’
The music business hasn't always been easy for LoCash, who have weathered a series of false starts and different label deals together, but the country duo -- comprised of Preston Brust and Chris Lucas -- says that those experiences have only brought them closer together.
In fact, those challenges inspired the name for their forthcoming new album, Brothers. The project will be their first at their new label home, Wheelhouse Records/BBR Music Group.
"At the end of the day, we are all brothers and sisters," Lucas explains in a press release. "We've all seen our share of sunshine and rain (I know Preston and I certainly have). In order to get through it all, we all need to lean on each other. This album is all about brotherhood and bringing people together."
Fortunately, feel-good anthems and positive messaging come naturally to LoCash. Shortly after signing to BBR Music Group in 2018, the duo released "Feels Like a Party," the first taste of the upcoming project. The group originally intended the song to jumpstart their move to the new label. However, "Feels Like a Party"'s reach snowballed after Pepsi tapped them to headline the 2018 Pepsi Tailgate Tour.
"We were like, 'Well, we can't stop now,' so we just went with the momentum," the duo recalled at a recent press event. "Somehow, we found ourself in that lane of 'feel-good.'"
Positivity anthems have become LoCash's calling card, and the duo says fans can expect to see much more feel-good music when the new album comes out.
"People depend on us now. I mean, radio folks come up to us and say, 'We love this positive lane you guys live in, and we need more of it," the band adds." We do write heartbreak songs, and songs about other subjects, but for some reason, for LoCash, the songs that resonate on radio are the ones that uplift folks. It feels good to be those guys."
Brothers was produced by Corey Crowder, Tyler Hubbard, Lindsay Rimes and Jordan Schmidt. The record is slated for release on March 29, and is available for pre-order now.
LoCash, Brothers Track List:
1. “One Big Country Song” (Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Michael Hardy)
2. “How Much Time You Got” (Jacob Durrett, Corey Crowder, Rhett Akins)
3. “Brothers” (Preston Brust, Chris Lucas, Corey Crowder, Tyler Hubbard)
4. “Summer in a Truck” (Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Zach Crowell)
5. “God Thing” (Jordan Schmidt, Alex Smith, Tyler Hubbard, Russell Dickerson)
6. “It’s Only Midnight” (Marv Green, Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson)
7. “Feels Like a Party” (Preston Brust, Chris Lucas, Tyler Hubbard ,Corey Crowder)
8. “Secret Weapon” (Preston Brust, Chris Lucas, Jordan Schmidt, Corey Crowder)
9. “Cold Beer Kinda Night” (Chris DeStefano, Ashley Gorley, Rhett Akins)
10. “Kissing a Girl” (Matthew West, Andrew Pruis, Thomas Finchum)
11. “Beers to Catch Up On” (Rhett Akins, Jeremy Stover, Paul DiGiovanni)