Last Chance To Register For The Christmas Lighting Challenge
A Sweet Event invites you to register your home for the Annual Christmas Lighting Challenge.
There used to be a contest that was a city-wide contest, I believe the Duluth News-Tribune used to run it. The contest has come back and is bigger and better than ever with different divisions and more communities involved.
There is a map for the houses that are included and it has become a tradition for my family to follow that map and see the homes.
Does your home have what it takes? It's free to sign up, but you must be registered by December 6th.
According to the Sweet Events website, voting will be broken down by city and allow everyone the chance to vote in two categories for each city. Those categories are Best in home and Best in business based off number of votes. To encourage a little rivalry, you can vote for your “Favorite City”. This year you can vote for the MASTERS. This category is for homes who have won the previous two years of competition.
- The cities represented in the 2017 competition are Duluth, Superior, Two Harbors and Cloquet.
- Additional cities included are Hermantown and Proctor.
- Awards will be given for best home and business in each town, best home overall and grand master.
- All displays must be registered and on by December 6th
- December 19th - Final day to vote
- December 20th - Lighting Challenge Ceremony