Lake Ave Bridge Project Switching to Final Traffic Control Stage Thursday
The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced the Lake Avenue Bridge project will switch to its last traffic control stage on Thursday, June 18.
This will impact motorists through late August. Here is what the final traffic control stage entails:
The ramps from I-35 northbound to Lake Avenue and from Lake Avenue to I-35 southbound will be closed. Ramps will be open from I-35 southbound to Lake Avenue southbound and from Lake Avenue northbound to I-35 northbound.
Furthermore, there is no access to or from Superior Street as the City of Duluth’s Superior Street Reconstruct Project is ongoing. That project is expected to be completed mid-to-late July.
While some things are slow to open due to the COVID-19 pandemic, road work has always remained a critical service with crews following the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of the virus.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation reiterates that it is dedicated to "protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans."
They also offer these reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
You can click here to access 511mn.org and get real-time traffic and travel information in throughout Minnesota.