Duluth’s 2023 Spirit Valley Days Starts On August 3! Here’s What To Expect
The annual summer celebration is back for the 43rd year! Spirit Valley Days is returning to a portion of West Duluth, including a slate of three days of festivities that span this year from Thursday, August 3 through Saturday, August 5.
The event, which has been held every year (except for 2020) since 1979, is traditionally held in the early part of August.
Traditional events like a parade, car show, and craft & vendor fair are once again on the schedule of events spanning the three days of this year's festival.
Here's a schedule of what has been announced for this year:
2023 Spirit Valley Days Schedule
You can find the full schedule of Spirit Valley Days events on their website, but here are some highlights to look forward to this year:
Thursday, August 3, 2023
- Friends of the Duluth Public Library Book Sale: 10:00 am - 7:30 pm there will be a 1-day book sale at the West Duluth Library
- Miss West Duluth Pageant: 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm at Mr. D's
- Burgers & Dogs Dinner: 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm at the West Duluth American Legion Post 71
- Free Health & Resource Event: Hosted by Health Equity Northland & others from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm at 312 North Central Avenue
- Spirit Valley Days Parade: Starting at 6:00 pm on Grand Avenue
Friday, August 4, 2023
- Pancake Breakfast: 7:00 am - noon at the West Duluth American Legion Post 71
- Valley Youth Center-Golf Fundraiser: Starting at 9:30 am at Nemadji Golf Course. Call 218-464-5071 x 100 to reserve team.
- Spirit Valley Days Car Show: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm on Grand Avenue between Central & 59th Avenue West
- Fish Fry: 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm at West Duluth American Legion Post 71
Saturday, August 5, 2023
- The Western Garden Tour & Continental Breakfast: 9:00am - 11:00 am at Norton Park United Methodist Church
- Craft, Vendor & Food Truck Fair: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm on Grand Ave (between Central and 59th Ave W) with kids activities, craft vendors, food trucks, and more.
- Free Movie at the West Theater: See a free showing of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (2005) starting at 10 am
- I Survived the 80's Party / Off the Street Dance: 4:00 pm - 10:30 pm at the Valley Youth Teen Center Parking Lot with music from Born Too Late (5:00 pm - 6:30 pm), Hellcat (7:00 pm - 8:30 pm), and Aftershock (9:00 pm - 10:30 pm).