It’s Back! Godfather’s Pizza Has Officially Opened In Duluth
Late last year, it was announced that a Northland favorite from the past was planning on returning to the area sometime in 2023.
That favorite is Godfather's Pizza, the "Pizza You Can't Refuse!", and Duluth business owner Derek Medved, who owns several KornerStore locations, had purchased the franchise rights to bring Godfather’s Pizza Express to his Duluth, Hermantown, Sturgeon Lake, and Chisholm KornerStore locations.
The big question at the time was when exactly the Northland could once again enjoy Godfather's Pizza. Confirmation first arrived on October 24 when Medved announced that his first new Godfather's Pizza Express location would be opening on Thursday, November 2.
Then, on November 2, Medved made it as official as can be as he shared a photo of the first Godfather's Pizza to roll off the ovens at the new location, which is located inside the KornerStore at 1301 Commonwealth Avenue in Duluth.
"Pizza You Can't Refuse!" is back in the Northland and this appears to be only the beginning. According to FOX 21, Medved still plans to bring Godfather’s Pizza Express to KornerStore locations in Duluth, Hermantown, Sturgeon Lake, and Chisholm. He’s also considering opening a Godfather’s sit-down location in Duluth in the future.
That's certainly good news as one look at the Godfather's Express menu online shows that there are a lot of tasty options to choose from. The pizzas come in two different sizes, a 4-piece mini and a 10-piece large pizza.
Of course, you can build your own, but there are also specialty pizzas that include:
- All-Meat Combo: Pepperoni, Ham, Beef, Sausage, Italian Sausage, Bacon Bits & Mozzarella Cheese
- Bacon Cheeseburger: Beef, Bacon Bits, Onions, Pickles, Cheddar Cheese & Mozzarella Cheese
- Classic Combo: Pepperoni, Beef, Sausage, Onions, Black Olives, Mushrooms & Mozzarella Cheese
- Hawaiian: Ham, Bacon Bits, Pineapple & Mozzarella Cheese
- Hot Stuff: Pepperoni, Beef, Italian Sausage, Onions, Jalapeño Peppers & Mozzarella Cheese
- Humble Pie: Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Onions, Green Peppers & Mozzarella Cheese
- Taco Pie: Beef, Onions, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Taco Sauce, Cheddar Cheese & Mozzarella Cheese
- Veggie Pie: Green Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Black Olives, Tomatoes & Mozzarella Cheese
There are also take-and-bake pizzas, breakfast pizzas, cheese sticks, breadsticks, pizza rolls, and even cinnamon streusel.
50 Most Popular Chain Restaurants in America
Gallery Credit: Paul Feinstein