Head Of The Lakes Fair Happens July 21-26 With COVID-Precautions
Many wondered - but the answer to whether or not the Head of the Lakes Fair will happen in 2020 is "yes"! Fair organizers have confirmed that the dates for the fair will be July 21 through July 26 - happening as in years past at the Douglas County fairgrounds located on Tower Avenue in Superior.
While the fair will offer many favorite attractions from years past, there will be some important changes to this years event. One of those changes will be a new carnival mid-way vendor; Wisconsin-based Spectrum Carnival will be providing the mid-way entertainment at this summers' Head of the Lakes Fair.
The other - and most noticible - change will be in regards to the Head of the Lakes Fair's COVID-19 safety precautions. While the official fair website page still says that the COVID-19 Safety Plan "will be posted soon", news sources are sharing some of the details fair-goers can expect:
- Temperature checks at the gate
- Masks - not required, but encouraged
- No capacity limit - however fair staff has been briefed on monitoring attendance levels. They have been instructed to stop admitting guests "as soon as they feel they have reached a capacity"
- Handwashing stations
- Hand-sanitizing stations
- Special disinfecting "foggers" to sanitize the carnival rides
- Food vendors will be working closely with the Douglas County Health Department. Part of the changes will involve getting rid of "self-serve" condiments; all condiments will be supplied by food vendors in individual packets
To get more details about the 2020 Head of the Lakes Fair - including a look at the Fair Book, click here to visit the official fair website.