Famous Dave’s Duluth Relocating From Canal Park to Hermantown
A longtime staple of Duluth's Canal Park area is about to close its doors and reopen over the hill in a completely different city. To be fair, it's only about a 15 minute drive from their current location, but it's still a significant move.
What will be a loss to Canal Park will be a big gain for Hermantown and an overall win for Northland residents. Famous Dave's in Duluth was ready for an upgrade and they believe their new location will provide that for everyone.
According to their press release issued Friday evening, the iconic restaurant located at 355 S. Lake Ave since 2002, is set to close on Monday October 17th. It will reopen at 4135 Richard Ave in Hermantown on November 1st with a refreshed look and new modern feel. This is part of the newly developed area in Hermantown next to Sam's Club.
They note that throughout the peak of the COVID pandemic, Famous Dave’s in Duluth continued to receive incredible support from the local community. When an opportunity presented itself to relocate the restaurant to a new location that would be even more accessible for local Duluth residents, owner and operator, Greg Toon eagerly said yes.
Toon, a local Duluth resident, started working as an Assistant General Manager at Famous Dave’s in 2003, taking over as General Manager in 2004. In 2017, he purchased the Duluth Famous Dave’s location, drawing upon his success and prior background with Bennigan’s and other hospitality experience at a 4-Diamond hotel and conference center.
“My very first job was in hospitality at a 4-star hotel and catering. What attracted me to Famous Dave’s was the combination of being able to do catering, (parties, planning, events), and combine that with a traditional dining experience.” Toon’s heart is to serve the Northland community and he is excited for this new growth opportunity.
Toon and the Famous Dave’s team are gearing up for a Grand Opening celebration the morning of November 1st. You can keep up with the exciting move through the Famous Dave's Duluth Facebook page.
Amazing $1.575 Million Listing Provides Sweeping Views of Duluth + Lake Superior!
- A metal roof that sets off the Skatelite siding
- Ipe wood-constructed decks that provide outdoor access to the views and a center courtyard.
- 2 detached 2-car garages which allow tons of storage and vehicle space
- Granite floors throughout much of the home.
- An amazing custom kitchen that includes a high-end commercial gas stove, Sub Zero fridge, open shelving, and custom cabinetry.
- Outdoor courtyard, surrounded by a bluestone retaining wall, with decks above and a built-in bar-b-q grill.
- An elevator that takes you up to the 1+ bedroom apartment that is all windows. Have guests over, use it as a fun extra space, or even an Air B& B.