Expect Lane Closure Tuesday in the Tunnels on I-35 in Duluth
MnDOT road work is a critical service during Minnesota's Stay at Home executive order and motorists in the tunnels in Duluth can expect a lane closure Tuesday.
On May 5 there will be a lane closure in the tunnels in Duluth on I-35 southbound from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation. This will allow for necessary electrical work to be complete
MnDot also offers these important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.