Duluth Officials Provide Early Voting + Voting On Election Day Updates
Election Day is fast approaching and the City of Duluth is providing an update on early voting as well as what to expect on election day to ensure everyone has their vote counted.
First and foremost, if you still have an absentee ballot at home, YOU MUST drop it off by hand to an election office or official drop box. DO NOT use the mail to return your absentee ballot as it will likely not arrive in time to be counted.
Dropping it off by hand can be done safely during the pandemic as there is a drive-up option and if you utilize the in-person option, there will be less people than on Election Day and both you and city officials will be wearing masks.
Ballots must be returned by 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Ballots cannot be returned to polling locations on Election Day. You do not need an appointment to vote.
Here are the Duluth City Hall ballot drop box locations:
- In-Person: Dropbox located inside Priley Circle entrance of City Hall during Early Voting hours only
- Drive-Up 24/7: Dropbox located behind City Hall off 2nd Street. One-Way parking lot
There are also extended hours being provided for early voting at Duluth City Hall:
- Friday, October 30, 2020 - Saturday, October 31, 2020 (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Monday, November 2, 2020 (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Monday, November 2, 2020 is the last day (by 5:00 p.m.) to vote early in person
On Election Day you must vote at your polling precinct. You can click here to find your polling location in Minnesota.
Polls are open on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 beginning at 7:00 am and closing at 8:00 pm. If you are in line at your polling location at or before 8:00 pm, you will be allowed to vote.
You can click on the button below for more voting information. Anyone with questions can also call the the the City Clerk’s office at 218-730-5500.