Celebrate Harry Potter All Month At The Duluth Public Library
Are you a big fan of Harry Potter? If so, you are going to have an amazing April!
The Duluth Public Library will be hosting a series of events throughout the month, all in honor of our favorite fictional wizard.
The events range from trivia to a fun activity day to movie screenings galore!
Mark these dates on your calendar:
- On Thursday, April 4th - Put your Harry Potter knowledge to the test by playing Harry Potter Trivia. The event kicks off at 4 p.m. sharp at the main library. This round is for kids grade 6 to 12.
- On Saturday, April 6th - Head to the main library to make Harry Potter buttons and key chains. There will also be a scavenger hunt with a grand prize. The fun begins at 10 a.m. sharp.
- On Tuesday, April 9th - Arrive to the Mount Royal branch by 2 p.m. to catch a screening of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.
- On Friday, April 12th - Take the Hogwarts Express to and from famous places from the book series. There will be a free train ride and fun activities beginning at 2 p.m. There will be two train rides: one at 2:30 p.m. and another at 3:30 p.m. Arrive at the Lake Superior Railroad Museum at 506 West Michigan Street, I MEAN at Kings Cross Station, Platform 9 3/4 of course.
- On Saturday, April 13th - Experience 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' like never before! Head to the main library by 1 p.m. to watch the flick AND take part in fun, engaging activities. Here you will cast spells, eat jelly beans, yell at the screen and more. You do need to register ahead of time so get to it!
- On Saturday, April 20th - Head to the Duluth Public Library to take part in another day of crafts. This will be for young witches and wizards, kicking off at 11 a.m.
- On Friday, April 26th - Catch a screening of another Potter flick at the main library. 'The Crimes Of Grindelwald' will air beginning at 2 p.m.
- On Saturday, April 27th - Think you have what it takes to be the ultimate Harry fan? Put your confidence to the test at the big trivia finale. Beginning at 6:30 p.m., beat other fanatics at the Spirit Of The North Theatre in Fitger's.
What a fun month for Harry Potter lovers! It is quite magical, really.