Twins Opening Day Plans at Target Field Include US Men’s Curling Team
The Minnesota Twins have announced their fun Opening Day plans at Target Field, which include having the US Men's Curling Team throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
Opening Day at Target Field is Thursday, April 5 with a 3:10 p.m. game against the Seattle Mariners. The first 30,000 fans in attendance will receive a black Twins hooded sweatshirt.
Other Opening Day activities include:
- Breakfast on the Plaza – From 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., fans are invited to drive down 7th Street (adjacent to the Majestic Twins Clubhouse Store) and grab a free ballpark breakfast. Fans will also be able to take photos, enter to win tickets and even receive some of their free items from Twins alumni players.
- Noon to 2:15 pm – DJ Advance will perform on the balcony overlooking Target Plaza.
- 1:00 pm – Gates open, with former Twins legends Bert Blyleven (Killebrew gate), Rod Carew, Tom Kelly, Tony Oliva and Kent Hrbek along with Kirby Puckett Jr. and Catherine Puckett will assisting in officially opening the ballpark gates.
- The National Anthem will be performed by Dessa.
- A flyover will feature four T-38s from the United States Air Force.
- Fireworks during team introductions.
- The IDS Building, Nicollet Mall, and Target Corporate Building will be lit in Twins colors the week of April 2nd while the Lowry Avenue Bridge will be lit April 4th and 5th, and the 35W Bridge will be lit April 5th.
There are still tickets available for Twins Opening Day, as well as other games throughout the 2018 season. Follow the link below to get tickets for the games of your choice.