MN State Fair Releases List Of New Foods And Vendors
One of the things I look forward to is the announcement by the Minnesota State Fair of their new food and vendors, seeing what's odd and what's new.
This year doesn't disappoint! There are all sorts of foods for all different walks of life. Odd combinations and new vendors.
ACCORDING TO THE MN STATE FAIR WEBSITE HERE ARE THE NEW FOODS:
Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl: Ahi tuna, avocado, mango and pico de gallo tossed in a Hawaiian ginger-soy sauce served cold over rice with a fried wonton. Available at Café Caribe.
Bananas Foster French Toast: Cinnamon swirl French toast topped with slices of fresh bananas in an orange-rum-flavored caramel sauce and finished with a dollop of whipped cream.
Available at Hamline Church Dining Hall.
BBQ Split: Only offered Aug. 29-Sept 3, this dish combines scoops of BBQ pulled pork, mac & cheese and coleslaw served side-by-side with a pickle spear.
Available at Midtown Global Market's Mama D's.
Blueberry Rhubarb Cobbler: A blend of organic blueberries and rhubarb topped with a cornmeal biscuit and whipped cream.
Available at Farmers Union Coffee Shop.
Earth Wings: Fresh cauliflower pieces dipped in a seasoned bater, deep-fried and smothered in organic sesame BBQ sauce. Vegan and gluten-free.
Available att French Meadow Bakery & Cafe.
Firecracker Shrimp Stuffed Avocado: Gulf white shrimp tossed with lime, onion, black beans, tomato and fire-roasted corn in a garlic aioli, drizzled with cilantro-infused olive oil, stuffed in avocado halves and served open-face with flatbread.
Available at The Hideaway Speakeasy.
General Tso Chicken Taco: Battered and deep-fried chicken tossed in a sauce of ginger, garlic, soy sauce and Asian spices, with seasoned cream cheese and topped with wonton crisps and green onion, served on a flour tortilla. Only offered Aug. 23-28.
Available at Midtown Global Market's Taco Cat.
Honey Cream Soda Float: Honey cream soda (made without sugar) poured over Minnesota Grown honey ice cream.
Available at Minnesota Honey Producers Association.
Irish Tater Kegs: Jumbo deep-fried tater tots made with a blend of corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, sour cream and potatoes drizzled with house-made Thousand Island dressing and nestled on a bed of sauerkraut.
Available at O'Gara's at the Fair.
Mangonada Shave Ice: Mango-flavored shave ice drizzled with Mexican chamoy sauce, dusted with tajin chili powder, topped with popping mango boba pearls and served with a tamarind candy straw.
Available at Minnesnowii Shave Ice.
Messy Giuseppe: A blend of seasoned ground beef and Italian pork sausage smothered in marinara, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and served on crusty Italian bread.
Available at Mancini's al Fresco.
Moroccan Sausage Bowl: Coarse ground beef and lamb sausage seasoned with herbs, sweet spices and a hint of red pepper, cooked with carrots, turnips and chick peas, and topped with sautéed onions and a green olive.
Available at Sausage by Cynthia.
Nordic Waffles: Fresh-made waffle wraps in seven varieties: All-Day Breakfast (egg, bacon & cheddar); Berries & Cream (raspberry & strawberry mixture with vanilla cream); Cinna-Sugar Butter (cinnamon, sugar & butter); Slammin' Salmon On-A-Stick (Norwegian smoked salmon with cream cheese & green onions); S'More (marshmallow crème, crumbled graham crackers & Nutella); Turkey Chipotle Club (turkey, bacon & mixed greens with Sriracha mayo sauce); and Vegetarian Viking (black bean veggie burger, cheddar cheese, mixed greens & chipotle sauce). Also serving lemonade with blueberry or lingonberry saft.
Available at Nordic Waffles.
Pepperoni Chips with Roasted Red Pepper Queso: Thinly sliced fried pepperoni chips served with a warm roasted red pepper cheese sauce.
Available at LuLu's Public House.
Rainbow Cloud Roll: Three scoops of ice cream sprinkled with fruity cereal and wrapped in a pillow of cotton candy. Hand-rolled on-site. Ice cream choices include Superman, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.
Available at Rainbow Ice.
Shrimp Ceviche (pronounced suh-VEE-chay): Fresh shrimp, cucumbers, jalapeños, onions, tomatoes and cilantro tossed with a citrus lime juice and served cold with tortilla chips.
Available at Shrimp Shack.
Slider Flights: Flights of three slider sandwiches, each with a variety of toppings, available in three varieties:
Brisket Flight: One slider topped with coleslaw, one with pickles and onions, and one with crispy fried onions
Burger Flight: One slider topped with thick-cut candied bacon and cheddar cheese, one with smoked gouda, and one with BBQ sauce, pepper jack cheese and crispy fried onions
Pulled Pork Flight: One slider topped with coleslaw, one with pickles and onions, and one with crispy fried onions
Available at The Hangar.
Smoked Soft Serve Ice Cream: Cold-smoked cream available in two flavors, all made on-site:
Cold Brew Coffee infused with cold-smoked Arabica beans and topped with chocolate espresso dust, a toasted marshmallow and a chocolate cookie on the side
Muscovado Sugar Vanilla combines vanilla bean and cold-smoked molasses-rich cane sugar served with a toasted marshmallow and bacon candy round on the side.
Optional sauces available: bourbon-soaked cherries or hot chocolate
Available at Blue Moon Dine-In Theater.
Swedish Meatball Smörgås (pronounced SMORE-gus): Meatball sandwich with three traditional Swedish pork and beef meatballs topped with white gravy, lingonberry sauce and dill pickles.
Available at The Blue Barn.
Sweet Greek Cheese Puffs: Flaky phyllo (pronounced FEE-low) dough filled with feta and ricotta cheese, deep-fried, drizzled with honey and topped with powdered sugar.
Available at Dino's Gyros.
Sweetie Cakes: Choice of black forest cake, birthday cake or chocolate peanut butter cake, baked in a cup packed with Sassy Pecan toffee bits and served warm, topped with real whipping cream and more toffee bits.
Available at Sweetie Cakes.
Triple Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake: Dense chocolate cake with chocolate chips and fudge icing smothered with strawberries and whipped cream.
Available at The Strawberry Patch.
Turducken Sausage Sandwich: A blend of turkey, duck and chicken served on a fennel bun and accompanied by a side of Giggles' sweet and saucy relish. Gluten-free; no nitrates added.
Available at Giggles' Campfire Grill.
UpNorth Puff Pasty: Porketta sausage, cheese curds, coarse grain mustard and chopped dill pickle baked in a puffy crust sprinkled with pepper and sea salt.
Available at Sausage Sister & Me.
Wood-Grilled Elote: Corn on-the-cob grilled over an oak wood fire, brushed with chile-spiced mayo and sprinkled with queso Cotija & fresh lime juice.
Available at Tejas Express.
Za-Waffle Sticks: Waffles blended with pepperoni and mozzarella, topped with a parmesan herb blend and served with pepperoni-infused maple syrup or marinara sauce.
Available at Green Mill.
Zesty PB&J Sausage: Peanut butter, cherry jelly and a hint of cayenne pepper and cilantro blended into a quarter-pound sausage.
Available at Gass Station Grill.
- The Anchor Coffee House: Serving cold brew coffees (including nitro cold brew, vanilla cream, caramel cream & chocolate cream), lattes, fresh-brewed drip coffee and banana chocolate chip gluten-free muffins.
- Located on the west side of Underwood St. between Carnes & Judson avenues outside Ramberg Music Cafe
- The Hangar: Serving breakfast items, Slider Flights (Brisket, Burger and Pulled Pork), smoked turkey legs, smoked brisket sandwiches, jumbo burgers, bacon-wrapped pork belly, kids meals (hot dog, chicken nuggets, burger with fries or fruit), and chicken-and-waffle ice cream split topped with candied bacon. Also serving fresh-squeezed lemonade, soda and craft beer.
- Located on the northeast corner of Murphy Ave. & Underwood St.
- Midtown Global Market's Mama D's: Serving mac & cheese, gluten-free mac & cheese, pulled pork sandwiches, the BBQ Split (scoops of BBQ pulled pork, mac & cheese and coleslaw served side-by-side with a pickle spear), and sweet tea.
- Located in the Taste of the Midtown Global Market booth at the International Bazaar, east wall (Aug. 29-Sept. 3 only)
- Midtown Global Market's Taco Cat: Serving Smokey Black Bean Tacos [black beans, Cotija cheese, pickled cabbage, chipotle sour cream and cilantro on a flour tortilla]; Nacho Fries [breaded fries, black beans, cheese sauce, pickled jalapeños and cilantro with optional chorizo sausage]; General Tso Chicken Tacos [battered and deep-fried chicken tossed in a sauce of ginger, garlic, soy sauce and Asian spices, with seasoned cream cheese and topped with wonton crisps and green onion, served on a flour tortilla]; and a cold press coffee and horchata drink.
- Located in the Taste of the Midtown Global Market booth at the International Bazaar, east wall (Aug. 23-28 only)
- Nordic Waffles: Serving fresh-made waffle wraps in seven varieties: All-Day Breakfast (egg, bacon & cheddar); Berries & Cream (raspberry & strawberry mixture with vanilla cream); Cinna-Sugar Butter (cinnamon, sugar & butter); Slammin' Salmon On-A-Stick (Norwegian smoked salmon with cream cheese & green onions); S'More (marshmallow crème, crumbled graham crackers & Nutella); Turkey Chipotle Club (turkey, bacon & mixed greens with Sriracha mayo sauce); and Vegetarian Viking (black bean veggie burger, cheddar cheese, mixed greens & chipotle sauce). Also serving lemonade with blueberry or lingonberry saft. Located at West End Market, southwest section